This is by far the best pie I have ever had. There are only 5 ingredients with no added sugar or fat! Set aside about 2 hours to make this baby, it has been known to easily turn into a big sticky mess!
10 Apples, sliced thin
3-4 lbs Dates, pitted
2 cups Figs, dried
1 tbs Cinnamon (or to taste)
1 tsp Nutmeg (or to taste)
- Start by combining figs and 2 pounds of dates in food processor. Pulse and blend until you get a cookie dough consistency. Add sprinkles of water between pulses if needed.
- Create crust by pressing dough into a pie pan dish lined with parchment paper. Let set in refrigerator.
- Now use your food processor to blend 3 apples, 1 pound of dates, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until you get a thick and smooth pie filling consistency.
- Take crust out of refrigerator and strategically place one layer of apple slices to cover the bottom of the pan. I found it easiest to start in the middle and create one small circle, then create a larger circle to fill the pan.
- Take turns layering apple sauce and apple slices in pan. I like to finish off with a layer of your most beautiful apples and a final drizzle of sauce.